Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A VERY SPECIAL ADVOCATE FOR ANIMALS -MARGARET LEWIS


Today is a very special day and I wanted to wish Margaret a very Happy Birthday. I met Margaret on facebook a few years ago and over the years I have watched her save countless  animals from being killed. She has a heart of gold and always goes the extra mile to do what it takes to save a life.  We have cried together, laughed and prayed together and I dont know if she realizes just how much her comforting words and friendship has brought me through .



I wish I lived closer so I could go over and suprise her today but since I can't I thought I would write this little blog about this amazing lady God placed in my life. 


There is so much love in this photo Margaret you truly are a angel for the animals .



This is Dixie a sweet Basset girl that Margaret asked me to help her rescue so I picked her up on Thanksgiving and then she was transported over to Georgia  Dixies story is so amazing she was posted on craigs list as a free dog and to any rescuer we all know what "free dog" can mean. So Margret flew into action and imminently went to work. After being vetted and fixed as well as lots of tlc Margaret found her the best family ever to adopt this adorable hound. She is loved and spoiled rotten I get so tickled at some of the photos Margret post of Dixie in her new home. 

Bath time for sweet Dixie 


Then its nap time wow does she look spoiled 


This was just so funny


Then another little dog found herself at a shelter that Margaret rushed into save and she named her Betty. 
After being vetted Margaret found out the news that Betty was heart worm positive. Treatment for HW is very expensive but through her network of advocates the funds was raised to get her all well. 

For two months Betty couldn't run ,jump or play but as soon as she was better Margaret said it was like a herd of cattle running and playing through her house.


Betty was adopted by Dixies mom and dad and Margaret gets updates from the family regularly. 


One of the rewards of being a rescuer is getting to know how these animals lives are progressing and it makes it all worth while when you see them healthy and happy after they have been dumped and discarded by uncaring humans. 



Margaret with Humphrey another amazing rescue story 
This poor basset ended up in a Alabama shelter and Margaret saved his life. He was emaciated and his jaw had been broke as well as a few teeth. You could see his ribs and he had a severe skin infection. Today he is a picture of health in his new home. 



The list of animals Margaret has rescued is more then I could list in one blog .She has many she has saved ,pulled ,transported ,networked the list just goes on and on. If any one deserves a award for woman of the year it would be her. So for your birthday dear Margaret I award you "Rescuer Of The Year" 2013 
and a $100.00 certificate from Jewelry to Benefit Paws 
I love you dear lady you have blessed me so much just by being who you are. 
Happy Birthday 



















1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, God Bless this Angel on Earth,,,,Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete